Monday, September 29, 2008

Tagged

Courtney informed me I had been tagged by Jessica . I hope I can remember events from long ago in order to answer the following questions. Here Goes.

1. What is your husband's name?
Kenneth Lee Taylor

2. Who eats more?
He does. He loves to eat. .I grew up in a family that didn't snack - he grew up in a family that did. He converted me. Now we both snack.

3. Who said I love you first?
I had to ask Kenny this question. Sad, but neither one of us could remember that moment. We both think he did. He was ready to get married before I was. So we both say him.

4. Who is taller?
Easy question - him. I'm short.

5. Who is smarter?
Easy question - him. I always tell my kids that their dad is more intelligent than me - but I got better grades in school than him because I was very conscientious about doing my assignments and my homework. He didn't care about those things - thus me getting a scholarship to college - he didn't. He's more intelligent!

6. Who is more sensitive?
I think Kenny is. He's very thoughtful and kind. He's more sensitive.

7. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
me - I don't think it really matters to us because that's changed a few times over the years, we're just creatures of habit now. He has always slept on the side where we had the phone. He can't stand to not answer the phone, and if I'm asleep - the phone can ring and it doesn't bother me. That's what has decided who sleeps on what side.

8. Who pays the bills?
I do. I don't necessarily like it, but I am a little more organized. I have folders and I keep track of what I pay and when. If he pays them, he doesn't keep any records - only in his steel trap. My steel trap is a little tarnished, so I have to keep records.

9. Who cooks more?
Me. I guess it kind of depends on what you define as cooking. I like to cook-sometimes. He warms things up, or can microwave things - but I don't think he has ever made anything from scratch or a recipe. I make more meals. He does help out a lot in the kitchen. The things he cooks are: hot dogs, hash browns, eggs, bacon, can of soup, popcorn, & cheese and crackers. If I don't cook, he'll fix something to eat, and he makes sure the kids have something to eat also. He's always been a better mom than me. I "cook" though and he doesn't.

10. Who is more stubborn?
If you ask him, he would say me. If you ask me (and you are), I say him.

11. Who is the 1st to admit they are wrong?
Me - just because I talk. You have to talk about it in order to admit you're wrong, he's quiet and doesn't talk about it - so me. He doesn't ever blame anybody though - I do(sorry).

12. Who has more siblings?
Another easy question - him. He has double the amount of siblings than I do. Kenny = 7. Me = 3. His family is a lot bigger than mine - I think they have 90+ immediate family. I have somewhere in the 20's. Kenny has a GREAT family, I love them and I've always had a lot of fun with them.

13. Who wears the pants in the family?
Some advice I was given when we got married was "to let him think he was in charge". I have thought about that advice a lot - and it usually works. I don't really know who wears the pants - he does on some things and I do on some things. We both wear pants!

14. What do you like to do together?
We have always had the same interests when it came to sporting events. We both love Volleyball, I played in high school and he played on a men's VB team that traveled all over. And then we even played on a co-ed city league VB team for many years, and now we love watching our kids play. We both love to travel, eat out, go to movies, watch the D-backs, Phoenix Suns, ASU and any other sporting events.

15. Who eats more sweets?
Me. I like the sweet stuff, he goes more for the salty.

16. Guilty pleasures?
Snacks & watching TV.

17. How did you meet?
Through our Young Adult Friends. We got married when he was 31 years old. He had been through many sets of friends because they would all get married on him. He got to the stage of friends that were more my age (there's 8 years age difference between us). It just so happens that I went out with all of the friends that he hung out with. They would meet at his condo on Sunday nights to play cards and eat M & M's. I started going to Kenny's place to play games with my friends who were also his friends, and that's how we met.

18. Who proposed?
This is a long, complicated story, so I'll spare you. We had talked a lot about getting married because we dated 1 1/2 years, but it took me saying that I was ready to get married before we were officially engaged . We had to get some things resolved ( I had previously been married in the temple and needed a sealing cancellation) and then we went and bought a ring and stopped by my Grandma Farnsworth's house first to tell her we were engaged and then by his parents to tell them. I think everybody was glad we had "finally" (really me, he was ready long before me) decided to get married. It was not a traditionaly proposal but more of an agreement that we were both at the same point ready to get married.
We have lived "Happily Ever After" since making that decision.
Kenny is a wonderful, kind, and thoughtful husband. My kids have the best dad ever. He would and does anything for them. He loves his family very much and I'm thankful for that. Love you lots KLT.

6 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Some good info there Lori! I'll have to try that meme sometime...

Anonymous said...

Dad really is the greatest guy and greatest dad ever! Love ya dad (not that he reads this!)

Anonymous said...

Dad really is the greatest guy and greatest dad ever! Love ya dad (not that he reads this!)

Sassy said...

I always ♥ these types of things...cuz you learn so much about someone...Lori...I have always thought you and Kenny were one cutie patootie couple so good thing you guys decided{agreed} to tie the knotand just look at what good work you two do...your children are ALL ADORABLE!!!!!

Unknown said...

these are so fun to read!!! i've known you guys my whole life but still learned a thing or two about you! i lvoe your guys!!!

{and copper was just old. he's been getting really bad as of late & we knew his time was coming. today he couldn't stand up. we took him to the vet to be put down & she said he had a brain tumor. she could tell by looking at his eyes. very sad, but we're doing ok. (: }

Jessica said...

He is the best dad ever!!! He is always so kind and thoughtful! I am so glad that you did this post! It was so cute! Love you both!