Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cookie Recipe



As promised, here is the recipe of the cookies I took to the cabin this weekend - enjoy!
Oatmeal/Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 lb butter
2 C. Brown Sugar
2 C. Sugar
3 C. Oatmeal (old fashioned)
4 C. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
4 C. choc. chips or 2 bags See's choc. chips
1 bag shredded coconut
3 C chopped pecans
4 eggs (2 whole/2 egg whites)
2 tsp vanilla

Melt butter on defrost in microwave, let cool, add eggs & vanilla.

In very large bowl - mix all dry ingredients, pour butter mixture over dry ingredients. Mixture will be dry - it's o.k. Use ice cream scoop to make round balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Dip bottom of glass cup in sugar and press down on cookie dough til dough is smashed 1/2 way down. Bake 350 for 12 minutes.

PS - this is really good used as a pazookie - Put hot cookie on bottom of bowl, add ice cream and fudge - Yummy!

9 comments:

•stephanie• said...

You're bringing these to Mutual tonight, right?

Good. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Oh those are so yummy. That is what Jess and I had 2 of the 3 nights I was there! I need to write this down for myself! Yummy!

Lori Taylor said...

Stephanie,
Sorry I didn't take them to mutual - they're gone - I took them to the family reunion at Taylor Ranch - you usually don't bring food home from there. I took carrot cake instead - sorry!

Katie said...

I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! I'll have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing...oh yeah, my mom was so excited to get your comment on her blog :)

amy said...

So these are the yummy cookies I missed by not going last weekend! I am also sorry to miss out on learning hand and foot. Mom said you had a great time. Maybe next time!!

Sassy said...

YUMMMM!!!! I need to bake...those sound very gooooood!!

Brittney Blount said...

Those were good! I need to write the recipe down.

Brittney Blount said...

Whats the Taylor Ranch blog?

Lori Taylor said...

Brittney,
The Taylor Ranch blog is a blog that Tammy put together. It's so that everybody knows what's going on up at the ranch, and who and what is going up there when. Contact Tammy about getting invited.