Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time Will Heal

Sports Injuries of the Week!
Injury #1 - Mesa High's Volleyball team went to a team camp at Glendale college the last week in July. Jennifer dove for a ball and felt something snap in her "good" knee. The trainer iced it and said that she sprained it. She kept playing on it, icing it, taking ibuprofen, etc, it wasn't getting any better. The Mesa High trainer taped her up good before every game. The trainer, along with Jennifer, noticed it wasn't getting any better. The trainer examined it and did some test's and thought maybe Jen had a torn her meniscus in her knee. Kenny took her to the orthopedic Dr. on Friday and he confirmed it is probably a torn meniscus - now an MRI will tell us for sure if that is what it is. It's always good to know what the problem is so that you can fix it.

Injury #2 - Tyler is playing on a Fall Ball baseball team in Gilbert. He's enjoying it and the coaches are really nice. Tyler played catcher for a couple of season's about 3 years ago, and the coaches every since then have never played him there. Well, at Fall Ball he is getting a chance to play catcher again. (He likes it for some reason - it always scared me with the person swinging the bat so close to me) He was catching for an older kid during their batting practice - this kid was throwing some heat (so Tyler says). One of the pitches he caught bent his thumb back quite a bit. He wouldn't tell his coach that he hurt his thumb, but he couldn't squeeze the glove anymore, hence not catching the pitches. The coach noticed something wrong after a while and took care of him. A sprained Left Thumb.
Nothing serious thank goodness.
Saying for the week - "Time will Heal".

I also had fun on the Woman's retreat up to Claysprings. We stayed at an old LDS church building that someone had turned into a lodge. Lots of rooms, bathrooms, a big recreation room, kitchen, dining area, and a big family room with a big screen TV. Most of the individual rooms had TV's and DVD players. We had great food! (Thanks to Renee Hatch and the other RS leaders) We played lots of games from the past: jacks, jump rope, four square, & ping pong. Sounds weird, but we really had a lot of fun. (My legs are quite sore from 4 square, I think we got a little too competitive for old woman )
I stayed up talking until 3:00 AM, then I couldn't sleep (major snoring going on in my room). At 4:00 I got my blanket and pillow and found the only open place to sleep in the whole building, a love seat in the family room . (Well, the only place I could find at 4 AM). I slept until some ladies got up at 7:30 to make us a wonderful breakfast. We had a hilarious, yet spiritual speaker come and talk to us, cleaned up traveled home.
Sorry I didn't take any pictures.
Somebody that went has to post some hilarious pictures. I'm waiting to see them!!!!!

5 comments:

•stephanie• said...

I can't wait to see the retreat pictures either.

Sorry about all the injuries - Jenn, Tyler and you.

Anonymous said...

Man you guys are in bad shape over there! Poor Jen with her darn knees- hopefully something can help her. And poor Tyler- but that should heal pretty fast! And fun retreat- I can't wait to see pics!

Announcements By Ashlee's said...

Check out our NEW blog....

We are offering discounts on holiday cards! Custom design starting at $30 for 25 cards w/envelopes!

We also offer wedding and all occasion invitations, birth announcements, business cards and door to door flyer distribution.

Sassy said...

HOW FUN!!!!I would love to go on a retreat and to also eat Renee's food...


I totally feel you on the bum knee's...Jennifer was at the physical therapist when Brody went last time..sounds like they get to do it again...these poor kids... I am sorry they got injured...

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Women's retreats are so much fun! In Oregon we had one at a house on the coast.. awesome time, even though I had to take a nursing baby with me!