Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wichita Trip!

This blog is about our trip moving Graham and Jessica to Wichita, Kansas.
The following pictures will give you a better idea of the place where Graham and Jessica moved to.
Question????
How many states do you visit going from
Mesa to Wichita???



If you said "5" - you're absolutely right!
We saw field after field of
"Amber Waves of Grain"
thus the need for every town to have these huge
Grain Silo's



Do you remember when a tornado recently visited Kansas?
We went through the little town of Greensburg, KS
that that recent tornado wiped out.
The destruction was sad.

Graham and Jessica pulled all of their "stuff" in this.

Do you think in a couple of years they will be able to take ALL their "stuff" in this U-haul?

Their new home. (Apt)

Poolside View - Bottom Floor
A beautiful Green park across the street from their place.

I don't think you can see how green things are from my pictures.



Cooking their 1st Sunday Meal.

(chicken pillows)

The in-laws enjoying their 1st Sunday Dinner.

(lucky newlyweds?!?!)



Koch Arena

The arena where Graham will be playing

Basketball.

Graham gave us a tour through it. It was really nice inside.

Big flat screens on the walls w/black leather couches

where the players can play video games,

or just chill and watch TV.



If you look carefully, you can see a river,
aka the River Walk in downtown Wichita.




We had such a fun trip. It was fun getting to see where
the new "Hatch" couple will live for the next 3 years or so.
We're glad we could make the trip, and it was a trip!!!!!
We met a lot of nice, friendly people at their church.
I introduced myself in RS and after the meeting
a lady ran up to me and said that she had
recently moved to Wichita (she had been there a month).

She said that she and her husband were both from Mesa. She was a Stradling that graduated from MTV a year after me, and He was a Johnson who graduated from WHS in 1976.
She said she would take care of them for us. What a blessing!!
We felt like they are in good hands in Wichita.
Good Luck Hatch's!!!!!

THE END!!!!






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow too long of a drive for me! I will definately fly out there! It is so pretty and green- I forget other places are green and pretty! haha. Cute place, I can't wait until she can upload pics of her place all finished! So fun! Glad you guys got to go- I bet they loved it! And thanks for the cute Wichita shirt for Jax! He will love it!

Katie said...

Their place looks so cute! Jessica never told me they had a pool, the lucky dogs! So fun you were able to go up with them to help with the transition...

kali and kason said...

glad to know they made it! i still haven't had a chance to talk to jess since the wedding. maybe in a month or things will settle down! haha.

karen said...

Hi Lori - I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! (Usually I get 1 from Katie...) I'm glad the newlyweds made it - I bet it was hard to leave them in Wichita, green or no green. We can commiserate about our daughters being far away!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Okay Lori, I have to apologize for dropping off a wedding gift so late! I don't think I knew they were leaving so soon! I hope you can get it to them without too much cost...

*sneaks away..*

Unknown said...

:( i miss them.

Sassy said...

What a fun sight seeing trip...my sister lives in Kansas with her family...some day hope to visit.

Lori Taylor said...

Amy,
Your gift was very much appreciated. That was sweet of you to think of them. We had a few things we had to send up to them. They will love getting a package. Thanks again.
Lori

The Shepherd Family said...

Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing with everyone. It brings back memories to see their apartment. Looks so familiar to our first home! They will have so much fun! How fun to be able to go with them.
Julie