Friday, September 25, 2009

Something to Smile About!


My inlaws were over for dinner. My mother-in-law is suffering with
Alzheimer's. She is so cute and saying funny things all the time
that make us laugh. Don't get me wrong, we're not laughing at her,
she happens to have a cute sense of humor along with her Alzheimer's.
We finished dinner and we had these cute cupcakes for dessert. When
I placed this flower cupcake in front of her to eat, she turned to me
and said "OH!, did you grow that in your garden?"
We were caught a little off guard and had to laugh. Thanks Marvell
for making us smile.

3 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

My MIL is somewhat forgetful now too - not quite Alzheimers. She is 90! You do have to have a sense of humor!

Katie said...

I completely know what you mean! I used to work at a nursing home with alzheimer's patients and LOVED them!!! They DO say the darndest things. Pretty cupcake by the way...

Debbie said...

I agree---something to smile about for sure.