Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thanksgiving!
Lots of Good, Hot Homeade Food!


Cooking a Homeade Thanksgiving Dinner = TIME.

My Grandma Ruby was a good cook. Her family came to her house to enjoy her yummy food. One of her famous foods she was well known for was her homeade chocolate pie. She didn't have a recipe so she couldn't pass it down - BUT - I (her only granddaughter) found a recipe that is pretty darn close to hers. My brothers and my kids all look forward to me making it each year. (hope that doesn't sound conceded)

I didn't get a picture of my chocolate pie - The pie pictured is a lemon pie that I make each year for my mom.

I made whole wheat rolls this year instead of the white rolls. I'm still looking for a recipe that I like for those. Any suggestions????



We had a great Thanksgiving

enjoying:

FAMILY

FOOD

BASKETBALL

CELEBRATING KENNY'S PARENTS 60TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

FRIENDS

















TIS THE
SEASON!
for
enjoying -----
Fresh Orange Juice








TOO MUCH
CHRISTMAS CANDY! yummy






GINGERBREAD HOUSES
Jennifer and Jake made this during their
Winter Formal Day Activity - good job guys.

and


My Nightly Ritual of sipping
Hot Chocolate while I sit by the fire....

It doesn't get any better than that.














Guess what my New Year's resolution will be - again ----TREADMILL!
Happy Holiday's!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your food was great this year- even the wheat rolls! And ESPECIALLY the chocolate pie. It really is the best thing in the world. I am so glad I got some this year- it was gone too fast last year!

Sassy said...

I ♥ this time of year!!!! And yep that nasty four letter word...D I E T is ALWAYS on my resolution list too!!!! My spirit had better be a knock out is all I can say!!!