Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gooey Butter Cake Recipe

I made this gooey butter cake for a YW's treat and told the girls I would post the recipe on my blog. It's very easy to make and yummy!

GOOEY BUTTER CAKE

1 pkg. yellow cake mix 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1 stick butter, melted 2 eggs
1 slightly beaten egg 3 c. powdered sugar

Mix cake mix, melted butter and egg. Spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Pat into place. Mix cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. Beat for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour over cake mixture. Bake at 350 for
30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown.

Enjoy!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this cake! When did you have time to make this before mutual between all the rolls for the reception! I bet the girls loved this!

Meagan Shepherd said...

Yay thanks so much it was very yummy! I will have to make this for my family now! :)

Sassy said...

I can't wait to try that...it sounds yummy!!!! How you doin'? I know the clocks a tickin' with the wedding... you can do it!!!!

Sassy said...

Lori...it's Thursday night at 9:30 and I'm just getting home from a meeting that we had to go to and I am sick that it is too late to make it to the reception...boy I had counted on getting over there...shoot! I'll bet it was absolutely beautiful...as the mother of the bride you are probably totally pooped...put your feet up...I will be dropping a gift by...CONGRATULATIONS Jessica and Graham!

Suzy Cummard said...

YUM! I'll have to try that!

The reception was so amazing. Everything was PERFECT!
Thanks for your help today, too!