Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trip to Wichita!

Kenny & I flew to Wichita last week end. We were able to see one of Graham's basketball games. They beat Drake. It was a lot of fun.

We thought this picture was a good one! It happened to make it onto the front page of the Sports section of Wichita's newspaper.



Graham and Jessica after the game.
(The cute little girl to the left is a friend to a girl that made a t-shirt that had Graham's name and # on it. She had Graham sign it.)



Kenny & I after the game.
Jessica did my make-up. She did my eye's so they would "pop". Whatever that means. I told her I felt like a "painted lady".



Graham during his game.



Graham shooting during warm-ups. Jessica said it was the 1st time she had gotten there early enough to see warm-ups. She's too funny!



Kenny and Jessica during half-time.




We visited Jessica's school. She gave me a facial, did some waxing and make up. She did a great job and she graduates tomorrow! (2-6-09) It was so much fun to meet the cute girls she has made friends with at her beauty school.



We had a great trip - once we got there. We flew on Buddy passes - we didn't make it on either flight the 1st day. We finally got there and enjoyed every minute of it.
Thanks Jessica and Graham for having us.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'M SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! it looks like you guys had a great time & when i talked to jess the other day she said it was so fun to have visitors! i miss her... like a lot. your make up looks great! i can't believe she graduates tomorrow! it's nuts! she's so good at what she does!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the long wait was worth it! But I knew you guys would have fun and awesome you got to go to a game. I am so glad it wasn't freezing either- that would have made it miserable! And congrats to Jessica, her schooling went so fast!

Debbie said...

Hi Lori----just stopped by to stalk your blog. Fun post about your trip. Cute kids those two! BTW I am reading a series of books by Suzanne Collins to my 6th graders and they love them. I like her writing, so I am going to the bookstore tomorrow to get the book you just recommended. Thanks! Debbie

Sassy said...

Congratulations to Jessica! And painted lady or not...YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! I love the floating in the air picture...very cool!

Katie said...

Oh how fun! I bet you miss you so much! I talked to her not too long ago and it sounds like she's doing GREAT :) I'm so happy for her. I can't wait to get a facial next time I see her ;-) Oh, and by the way, you looked beautiful and your eyes DID pop!